Ori as its fondly called in the local dialect, Nkotu in Ghana language….
Shea Butter is extracted from the nut of West Africa’s wild karite tree. Its high content of essential fatty acids and natural anti-oxidant compounds provide extreme moisturizer capabilities as well as cellular restoration. It is used widely in cosmetics as a moisturizer and as a substitute for cocoa butter in the chocolate industry.The unrefined shea butter is still the best for use as it contains the natural ingredient for healing while the refined shea butter contains different chemicals added to it.
Shea butter works well for conditioning and protection from damaged related to dryness hair, use a small amount of shea butter on your hair, rub a little into your palms and run your fingers through your hair and on the ends, apply the butter directly to your hair. Shea butter can be used before and after air or blow drying.
BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER (ORI OR NKOTU)
- Shea butter softens and prevents dryness and cracking on the heels and elbows.
- Shea butter is very useful for dry hair, dry scalp and dandruff.
- Apply shea butter to hair twice a week and once a week to scalp, it improves hair texture, moisture and growth.
- It helps protect the hair for chlorine and salt when swimming.
- It helps to avoid bumps after shaving.
- It helps to reduce stretch marks, dark spots….hey ladies.
- It helps you to relax when applied to a hot bath.
- It reduces stress and tensions in the body when massaged on your feet.
- It revitalize your hair, massage a good amount of shea butter on your scalp and in your hair then wrap with a warm towel for 30 minutes.
- Shea Butter moisturizes & protects skin & scalp, especially over processed & heat-treated hair.
- Shea Butter benefits include healing and soothing some scalp & skin irritations such as eczema, acne, rash, minor scrapes and burns.
- Shea butter is rich in a number of vitamins, especially A, E, F and K.
Shea butter appears to be in popular demand in the last few years with increase in demand for natural products for hair and its used by salons.***XOXO