Ori as its fondly called in the local dialect, Nkotu in Ghana language….
Shea Butter is extracted from the nut of West Africa’s wild karite tree. Its high content of essential fatty acids and natural anti-oxidant compounds provide extreme moisturizer capabilities as well as cellular restoration. It is used widely in cosmetics as a moisturizer and as a substitute for cocoa butter in the chocolate industry.The unrefined shea butter is still the best for use as it contains the natural ingredient for healing while the refined shea butter contains different chemicals added to it.
Shea butter works well for conditioning and protection from damaged related to dryness hair, use a small amount of shea butter on your hair, rub a little into your palms and run your fingers through your hair and on the ends, apply the butter directly to your hair. Shea butter can be used before and after air or blow drying.
BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER (ORI OR NKOTU)
- Shea butter softens and prevents dryness and cracking on the heels and elbows.
- Shea butter is very useful for dry hair, dry scalp and dandruff.
- Apply shea butter to hair twice a week and once a week to scalp, it improves hair texture, moisture and growth.
- It helps protect the hair for chlorine and salt when swimming.
- It helps to avoid bumps after shaving.
- It helps to reduce stretch marks, dark spots….hey ladies.
- It helps you to relax when applied to a hot bath.
- It reduces stress and tensions in the body when massaged on your feet.
- It revitalize your hair, massage a good amount of shea butter on your scalp and in your hair then wrap with a warm towel for 30 minutes.
- Shea Butter moisturizes & protects skin & scalp, especially over processed & heat-treated hair.
- Shea Butter benefits include healing and soothing some scalp & skin irritations such as eczema, acne, rash, minor scrapes and burns.
- Shea butter is rich in a number of vitamins, especially A, E, F and K.
Shea butter appears to be in popular demand in the last few years with increase in demand for natural products for hair and its used by salons.***XOXO
Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals, a similar strand growing from the epidermis of a plant, or forming part of a living cell, any of the fine threadlike strands growing from the skin of mammals and other animals.
As a Lady you could go wrong in washing your hair, this can contribute to its damage without actually knowing it. The Hair textures varries from thick to thin strands, so no matter how it is, its very delicate.
RIGHT WAY TO WASH YOUR HAIR:
The first thing you should do is to comb the tangles out of the hair before you wet it so the hair would wash easily and the tangles would not worsen. And then, wet your hair thoroughly under the shower. You can use either warm or cold water if you like, but for best results, you can wet your hair with warm water to open the scale-like cuticles of the hair and wash all the oil and dirt off. And then, you can rinse your hair with cold water afterwards to close the cuticles and add to the shine of your hair.
Rinse your hair under the shower to get rid of the leave-on conditioner and styling aids you have used previously, by using strokes of your fingertips. Then, pour shampoo in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together, and then apply the shampoo to your scalp. Take note that you should put the shampoo on your scalp and not at the ends of your hair, as the shampoo would dry your hair’s ends and cause it to weaken and split. Also, do not mix your hair all over your head as you shampoo because it will get all tangled up. After this, rinse the shampoo off.
More often than not, we need to shampoo our hair for a second time. The purpose of the first shampoo is to clean the oil and dirt off; the second shampoo is supposed to let the shampoo treat our hair. So, repeat the process, but let the shampoo stay on for a couple of minutes. Rinse the hair completely after this.
To get the excess water off your hair, just squeeze the water out. Do not pull the hair because the hair is at its most delicate when it is soaked. When the excess water is out, apply a conditioner and apply it along the hairline, the nape and the ends of the hair. Put your hair then inside a shower cap and let the conditioner stay there for around ten minutes. And then, rinse it off completely.
The process described here does seem tedious and time-consuming. But remember, having great hair takes time and effort. And it is definitely worth it for a healthy hair.